Thursday, October 27, 2005

FCV


Know what? I had the opportunity to drive the xillion dollar fuel cell vehicle the other day - thanks to the charity event being held in our office!

The car was a Ford Focus which was ~300 Kg lighter than the standard Ford vehicle, but after loading it up with the fuel cell engine and it's preferals, it was ~300 Kg heavier than the standard Ford vehicle.

The drive was quite smooth, but it was noisier than I expected. (Still was way more quiet than the sound of average vehicle's engine!)

it took 30 seconds until it boot up (started) and about the same time to shut down itself. the price of Hydrogen fuel is now about 2.5 times more than the price of gasoline (per Km). The Ballard rep said that it would be eventually cheaper than this, as there will be more Hydrogen stations.

Although this is the most environment-friendly vehicle up until now, but the cost (even after it's massively produced) is quite high and yet seems quite impractical.

But this for sure was the most expensive vehicle I ever drove in my life! ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you give me some info about your Rumi class, I love to join it if I can.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sooski said...

Nadi, Can you give me your email address so I email you the info?

9:23 AM  
Blogger The City Gal said...

Sooski,

Write more about your thoughts, views and take on life. I'd like to read.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home